- Fremd ID
- Several sharpened No. 2 pencils (with erasers) for completing multiple-choice answer sheets.
- Pens with black or dark blue ink for completing areas on the Exam booklet covers and for free-response questions in most exams.
- A watch (in case the exam room does not have a clock that can be easily seen or a functioning clock).
- Their social security number for identification purposes. This is optional. If provided, it will appear on their AP Grade Reports.
- Up to two calculators with the necessary capabilities. Consult www.collegeboard.com/ap/calculators for a list of approved graphing calculators.
- A ruler or straightedge if they are taking an AP Physics exam.
- Cell phones, iPads, personal digital assistants (PDAs), BlackBerry smartphones, Bluetooth-enabled devices, or any other electronic or communication devices.
- Backpacks, duffle bags or other large bags and purses.
- Books, compasses, mechanical pencils, correction fluid, dictionaries, highlighters*, notes or colored pencils*.
- Rulers and straightedges (except as previously noted)*.
- Scratch paper.
- Computers* or calculators (except as previously noted).
- Reference guides, keyboard maps, or other typing instructions.
- Watches that beep or have an alarm.
- Portable listening* or recording devices – even with headphones – or photographic equipment.
- Food or drink.*
- Clothing with subject related information.
* Unless this has been preapproved as an accommodation by the College Board Services for Students with Disabilities office prior to the Exam date.