Overdrive eBook Library
- 24/7 access – check out your book anytime
- Download and read your ebook anywhere
- Read on your iPad, smart phone, and computer
- Popular titles available. Someone has it checked out? Place it on HOLD
Let’s Get Started…
Have an account already?
Need to set up an account?
Follow the directions below…
- Go to the OverDrive app and open it.
- Tap Sign Up
- Enter your details and set up a password in the spaces provided. (Use your school email and a password you will remember.) Then tap on Sign Up at the bottom of the page.
- Tap on the home screen icon (three bars).
- Tap on the + Add a Library.
- Type in Palatine, tap on Search, and choose Township High School Dist 211. Tap on the star to save the library to your list. Tap on Township High School Dist 211 again to access our district ebook collection.
- Sign in using your computer username and password.
- Search for a book you would like to read.
- Tap on the book cover icon.
- Tap the Borrow icon.
You now have the following options:
||Download: This is the MOST POPULAR option – allows you to read off-line (no wi-fi needed.) Follow directions below.
||Read: Allows you to read in your browser (wi-fi needed). To read in your browser, just click on the Read icon and start reading!
Want to download your title? Follow these directions:
- Tap Download.
- Tap Adobe EPUB ebook (or Kindle if you have one).
- Tap Confirm & Download.
- Tap the home screen button (upper left corner).
- Tap Bookshelf.
- Tap on the cover to open and read. Now that your title has been downloaded, you can read it offline at any time.
- Want to return your downloaded book early? Go back to your bookshelf, press and hold the cover of the book, and click Return.
Need additional assistance? Ask a Media Specialist or our Media Support Staff for help.
You can always click on the OverDrive help icon for further assistance.