Sophomores, juniors or seniors interested, The ACE Mentor Program application is due October 6, 2017.
Participants are engaged on mentoring teams with volunteer architects, engineers and construction managers. In weekly after-school sessions, they learn about the design and construction industry through hands-on activities, field trips, and creating a team design project. Our goals are to inform and excite students about professional opportunities in the design and construction industry; encourage them to pursue post-secondary education; and develop personal and technical skills through mentoring relationships. Participation in the program is free.
Must meet the following criteria to apply for this year’s ACE Mentor Program:
• Have at least a 2.5 GPA, and sophomore, junior or senior standing (Note: juniors and seniors will be given highest priority for admission)
• Are interested in learning about the design and construction industry
• Have taken coursework in construction-cluster programs (architectural drafting, carpentry, electric shop), visual arts, and/or STEM disciplines
• Will commit to attending 15 weekly after-school sessions (from approximately 5:00-7:00 PM during November 2017 through April 2018) in Chicago Loop design offices. Students must arrange their own transportation downtown.
• Complete the ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS by the 10/6/17 deadline.
Please note that our application process is only available online at https://app.acementor.org/login (new registration portal for 2017) and interested students should apply early to ensure that their applications are considered. Students will be notified by e-mail during the week of October 16th if they have been accepted, so they should supply a valid e-mail address that they frequently check. For information about the Chicago ACE Mentor Program, visit us at www.acementorchicago.org